Natural Insect And Pest Control
Christopher Wong from Young Urban Farmers youngurbanfarmers.com discusses Natural Insect and Pest Control. 3 natural options for fighting garden pests include:
- 1 pound compost
- several gallons of water stirred vigorously in a bucket
- add 1 teaspoon molasses
- apply directly to soil or strain through cheese cloth into a spray bottle and spray directly to affected area of plants.
- Mint leaves (dried or fresh)
- 4 litres of water
- 2 coarsely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil added into a bucket of water.
- Let sit for 24-48 hours, strain the mixture into a spray bottle and apply to plants.
- 10-15 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon mineral oil
- 1 teaspoon of dish soap
- 4 litres of water added into a bucket.
- Leave for 24-28 hours and add mixture to spray bottle and apply to plants.