Split Pea Soup
Marni Wasserman of Marni Wassermnan’s Food and Lifestyle Shop shows how to make a delicious and healthy Yellow Split Pea Soup.
- 2 ½ cups green or yellow split peas
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets or try 1-2 small sweet potatoes (to thicken and sweeten)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Pinch of rosemary
- Pinch of thyme
- Fresh oregano
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch of greens (kale, spinach or chard)
Marni Wasserman’s Food Studio and Lifestyle Shop is located in midtown Toronto, Ontario. Offering a variety of organic vegetarian cooking classes, workshops, lifestyle products in an inspiring sustainable space where people will also be able to host events and private parties with a focus on health and good food.
The trend is booming, people are starting to look to their nutrition as a major player in their health. The one thing that we have control over everyday is the food we consume.
Marni’s mission is to make nutrition and wellness as fun and experiential as possible through hands on cooking classes and workshops. Most importantly she wants to inspire people to get into the kitchen and re-connect with the impact that their food choices make on their health.